New Pool Building Process
Initial Visit. What to Expect With Aqua Design Pool and Patio
On our initial visit, we will talk to you and work with you to capture your vision and show you what kinds of possibilities are available for your outside areas.
- We have plenty of photos available to give you ideas and inspiration.
- We will need to take lots of measurements and photos of the area for the potential project.
- We will have many questions for you about your needs and expectations.
- We will talk about budget with you.
- Depending on the scope of the project, sometimes we can give you a quote and drawings the same day.
- Online presentations by video conferencing is our specialty. We will create 3D renderings of your project so you can see clearly what it would look like.
Design, Pricing and Proposal
After we meet the first time, we will schedule another meeting either at our office or by video conferencing. Here’s what that second meeting will include.
- We will show you our proposal.
- When we show you a 3D rendering, it will include all the technical details including specs and elevations.
- We can show you the end game and what the finished project would look like.
- We will give you a firm quote, answer questions, and finalize any material selections, if needed. We wouldn’t break ground until the contract is signed and all the materials are selected.
New Pool Construction
Our goal is building your pool and/or spa to the highest professional standards. We want your project to look like you want it to look and perform the way it should. Our clients choose us because of our integrity, experience, and high standards. We will give you a superior product.
- We can offer design assistance by an Aqua Design Pools & Patio staff person.
- We will have a meeting with you to approve the outside layout before breaking ground.
- We will obtain and post all necessary permits from the local City, County, or Parish.
- We will talk to your local utilities to find out the location of electrical, sewer, and natural gas lines.
- We will add temporary fencing for safety and liability reasons. We don’t want anyone to get hurt.
- Don’t worry. We use experts to do your excavation, and they will take care to minimize any damage to existing gardens.
- An Aqua Design Pools & Patio construction supervisor will be on site to make sure the elevation is set correctly. Proper pool elevation is critical for drainage.
- The interior parts of the pool are finished by hand by our experienced staff.
- The Aqua Design Pools & Patio supervisor will make sure that the pool walls and floor have been finished and trimmed per the contracted design and that the depth is correct.
Steel reinforcement: structure
- Bond beam - 4 bar Box beam with #4 (1/2”) continuous.
- Walls and floor - #4 10” on center with 5” at the breaks and cove.
- Deck dowels every 4' (3/8” rebar connecting the Gunite shell to the pool decking).
- All steel tied to the highest Aqua Design Pools & Patio standards.
Gunite Structure: (Gunite is Pneumatically applied concrete)
- Walls and floor – minimum 6”to 8” thick walls and floor. hand trimmed by experienced Gunite installers.
- Gunite bond beam – 12” wide x 12” deep (top portion of pool shell - adds rigidity to the structure).
- 4,000 or above PSI - APSP minimum is 3,500 PSI.
Tile & Coping
- 6” frost proof, acid proof decorative waterline tile with depth perception spotter tiles if requested.
- A wide selection of the following copings: Bullnose brick, Oklahoma Flagstone with chiseled face, Travertine marble, and Lueders.
- Also available is hand sculpted man-made coping, boulders and various other choices.
- All schedule 40 rigid PVC is used for the hydraulic system.
- Pipe diameters are determined by calculating the flow rates desired for certain pumps, filters, spas, and water features.
- Suction ports entering the pool or spa are installed using APSP guidelines and local and federal requirements for safety. The hydraulic system will be pressure tested after completion. This will save time through construction by avoiding any unexpected leaks in the system.
- We provide you with a wide range of materials: Pea gravel, Ideal deck, Travertine, Brick pavers, Flagstone, Stamped cement, Cool Deck or Slate, etc.
- All decks are poured a minimum of 4” thick with piers if required and integral steel rebar tied to the pool shell steel structure.
- Interlocking steel bars are installed between all expansion joints, this allows for no deviation from one concrete section to another. If pool deck is adjacent to existing concrete decking, dowels are pinned to the existing decking.
- Aqua Design Pools & Patio uses 3/8” re-bar 15” o.c. for reinforcement, not just wire mesh.
- All electrical wiring is installed per City, Parish and APSP codes and NEC (National Electrical Code) guidelines by licensed electricians.
- Lighting circuits installed in the pool are all GFCI protected for safety.
- We can install automated wireless control systems for your convenience (these systems are installed so that you may control your pool and/or spa with the touch of a button).
- 2 coats of white marble plaster troweled by hand to a fine finish with bond coat.
- We also have custom surfaces such as Premium White Marble Plaster, Diamond Brite, Quartzscape, Designer Series, and Crystal Stone.
- Your choice of pump, filter, blower, cleaner, etc… Our recommendation: Pump/filter –Pentair Intelliflo –Pentair FNS 60 sq ft DE or 520 sq ft cartridge.
- Heater – Master Temp Pentair 400,000 BTU energy efficient "low nox".
- Cleaner – either Polaris 280 or Pentair legend with booster pump.
- Spa blower – 1 hp Silencer (quietest blower on the market).
- Valves – 2” Jandy 3 way.
- Controls – Pentair EasyTouch wireless or Intermatic timers.
- We test your tap water before filling the pool. This is so we know what is needed chemically when the pool is first filled.
- We will get the pool looking great, tweak any chemicals, and then teach you how to take care of your new pool.
Additional Features Included in Pool:
- 2 automatic skimmers plumbed and valved independently.
- Adjustable returns with wall fittings to meet proper hydraulics.
- Dual main drains on all suction lines other than skimmers for safety and flow factors to meet VGB Act.
- All lighting systems are custom designed for each particular pool (colored lighting options are available).
- Dedicated line for cleaner.
Additional Features Included in Spa:
- 5 to 6 (dependent on spa size) adjustable, interchangeable hydrotherapy jets with air injection.
- 2.5 ” & 2” suction and return lines.
- 100 watt spa light (colored lighting options are available).
- Designed for constant filtration during pool mode.
- Hand sculpted (multilevel, and contoured benches are optional).